About Light The Night
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk funds treatments that are saving the lives of patients today. LLS is making cures happen by providing patient support services, advocating for lifesaving treatments and pioneering the most promising cancer research anywhere. And it's all happening now. Not someday, but today. Each year friends, families and coworkers form teams to raise money in support of our mission.
New for 2017! Everyone needs to be registered to receive a lantern! Reminder to have all team members registered. All walkers are encouraged to raise $100 or more to become a Champion for Cures and will receive a wristband for your t-shirt, lantern and food. As always, survivors and patients will receive these benefits regardless of their fundraising level.
Address: 512 E. Washington Street, Orlando, FL 32801. Please note! The entrance to the walk site is in a new location off of Eola Drive.
Parking: *Landmark I and II buildings on Robinson. Parking is directly behind the building in the garage on Ridgewood. Access to the same garage off of Livingston. There are additional residential streets north of this garage. *Day Building on Robinson *Thornton Park garage *St. James Cathedral School Parking Lot
6:00PM – Festivities begin
7:15PM – Opening Ceremony Presented by FIS including NEW Survivor Circle
7:30PM – Walk Begins, 1 lap around Lake Eola
8:30PM – FIREWORKS SHOW
NEW Event Day Elements:
- Remembrance Pavilion - Bring a photo of your loved one you are walking in memory of and visit our new tranquil pavilion to honor them
- Survivor Circle - SURVIVORS & PATIENTS! Don't forget to grab your white lantern and be at the NEW Survivor Circle when the Opening Ceremony starts at 7:15PM!
- Champion For Cures Food Area Hosted by Olive Garden
- Wawa will be handing out some yummy treats and refreshments to all participants. Food Trucks will also be available for food for purchase with a portion of proceeds donated back to LLS.
- Garden of Hope hosted by Workscapes
- Route Entertainment hosted by CNA
- Selfie Station plus Flu Shots hosted by Walgreens
- Team Photo Station hosted by Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center
- Innovation Station hosted by Regions Bank
- Poster Decorating hosted by CNA
- Be The Match - sign up to become a bone marrow donor at their tent!
Tell me more