In 2018, more than 11,000 people participated in the Metro Chicago Light The Night Walks and joined together to raise more than $2 million to support blood cancer research and benefit patient aid. We invite your corporate family to join us in 2019!
How Can We Participate?
Form A Corporate Team: Forming a Light The Night team not only boosts employee morale, but also promotes brand awareness in the community. Rally your employees around an important cause and participate in the 2019 Corporate Cup!
Corporate Cup: Beginning 8 weeks prior to Light The Night, Corporate Teams will receive weekly emails with their rankings and fundraising tips. The team that raises the most funds by January 1st will be declared our 2019 Light The Night Corporate Cup Champion!
Congratulations to our 2018 Corporate Cup Winner: Ice Mobility- $60,000
Congraulations to our 2017 Corporate Cup Winner: Mission Possible (LLS Staff)- $43,006
Rookie of the Year : Is your company forming a corporate team for the first time in 2019? You could become our Light The Night Rookie of the Year! The Rookie of the Year award is given to the company that raises the most funds in its inaugural year as a Light The Night corporate team. Presented by MB Financial Bank, this competition will include unique recognition for the winning team, including the opportunity to be featured on our 2020 Light The Night Save-the-Date!
Congratulations to the 2018 Rookie of the Year- JLL!
Congratulations to the 2017 Rookie of the Year- Horizon Pharma!
Sponsor Light The Night: Sponsorships range from $5,000 to $100,000 and will be customized to fit your company’s corporate responsibility needs. Light The Night offers your company the opportunity to target responsive audiences and build equity with a proven brand.
Make an In-Kind Donation: Whether it is a small gift card or enough food to feed our walkers, we rely on in-kind donations to enhance our Walks and encourage fundraising! Every dollar we can save on these items is one more dollar we put toward our mission.
Become a Retail Partner: Partnering with Light The Night and mobilizing your customer base is a great way to show your customers that you are committed to helping people in the communities where you do business.
Volunteer: The success of our Walks depend on the help of our volunteers.
Join the Executive (Leadership) Challenge: A national fundraising competition for corporate executives and leaders to personally raise funds for LLS. Click here for details.
How Do I Get Started?
Call the Light The Night Staff at 312-568-7354.
Our Light The Night Staff will work closely with you at every step to recruit team members, set a fundraising goal, develop a fundraising plan, and build momentum so you can celebrate your company’s success at Light The Night.
Step One: Identify one or more Team Captain(s)
• A team captain’s goal is to recruit walkers and encourage fundraising for LLS’s mission.
• Companies often recruit multiple team captains for sub-teams organized by department, floor, project, service line, etc.
• Spread the word out through an internal memo from the CEO to all department heads, asking them to identify team captain candidates or to serve as captains themselves.
• Secure at least one high level executive to lead by example and join the Corporate Executive Challenge.
• Hold one or more “all team captain meetings” to discuss team goals/actions/progress.
Step Two: Recruit Walkers
• Set a team recruitment goal (the average company recruits 20%-30% of its employees.)
o Recruit friends and family members as well!
• Send an all staff memo or email from the CEO to announce the company’s participation in Light The Night.
• Publicize and promote involvement through company website and other external communications
• Hold an internal kickoff and schedule a “Lunch & Learn” with Light The Night Staff to energize employees about the campaign.
Step Three: Set Your Team’s Goal and Start Raising Money
• Send a letter to business partners requesting their support either by creating a team or making a donation.
• Ask team captains to organize at least one fundraising event such as a breakfast, happy hour, or casual day.
• Consider a corporate sponsorship, complete with marketing benefits!
• Ask if your company has a matching gift program.
• Create incentives to recognize top individual fundraisers or top fundraising sub-team/department (Ex. lunch with CEO, front row parking, etc.)
• Share results regularly to all employees to build awareness and excitement.
Step Four: Celebrate Your Team’s Success at the Walk!
• Light The Night is a fun and family friendly event, great for building relationships. The festivities begin at 5:00 pm, then the Walk kicks off at 6:45 pm, and is about 2 miles long.
• Corporate teams raising $15,000 or more will receive a 10x10 tent with team sign.
• Corporate teams raising $7,500 or more will receive a reserved table with team sign.
• Individuals raising $1,000 or more will receive 1 ticket to our VIP tent; a VIP experience complete with catered food, open bar, and additional perks.
Step 5: Wrap up the year!
• All Corporate Challenges continue until Dec. 31.
• Consider making the annual holiday party a philanthropic event!
• Check with your company to make sure all matching gifts have been received and/or submitted.
• Meet with your Light The Night representative to recap the year.
To learn more about forming a corporate team, call us at: 312-568-7354 or complete the form below.
2019 Light The Night Dates
Chicago- Saturday, October 19th
Western Suburbs- Saturday, October 19th
North Shore- Sunday, October 20th