Champion For Cures
Champion For Cures - Make An Impact!
People of all ages are battling cancer and need our help. Walkers raise funds in honor of patients like Kaidyn. Click here to find out more about Kaidyn's inspirational story.
Every Light The Night walker is encouraged to become a Champion For Cures by raising $100 or more to help people fighting cancer live better, longer lives. A Champion For Cures will receive night-of-walk benefits,* including:
- Light The Night t-shirt
- Light The Night illuminated balloon
- Wristband which entitles the walker to food and refreshments
But Don't Stop There!
Become a member of our Bright Lights Club to have an even greater impact on the lives of patients and their families. Reach for the stars and raise $1,000 or more to receive special recognition and exclusive gifts to highlight your significant contribution toward finding cancer cures.
How to become a Champion For Cures
Raising $100 is easy! Send your online fundraising webpage to 20 or more people and ask each person for a donation of $10 or more. Even if only half of the people donate $10 or more, you will have raised $100 and most likely more.
*All patients and survivors will receive these items regardless of their fundraising levels.
How $100 Can Help Patients With Cancer
- "You have cancer." Those three words change everything. In communities across the country, LLS support groups provide patients and their families with a place to listen, learn and share with others in the same situation.
- Cancer can be overwhelming. But help is just a phone call away. LLS information resource specialists help educate and empower patients with individualized disease information and treatment options.
- In fiscal year 2012, LLS invested $68.4 million in blood cancer research.
Walkers who have raised less than $100 are welcome to attend and walk, but the night-of-walk benefits listed above are reserved for those who are a Champion For Cures.