Carter's, Inc. is proud to partner with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society help find cures for blood cancers. Since joining the first Light The Night Walk in 2000, Carter's employees have raised nearly $3.1 million dollars in support of this important research.
Carter's Inc. (CRI) is the largest branded marketer in the United States and Canada of apparel exclusively for babies and young children. Carter's and OshKosh B'gosh are two of the most well-known and trusted brands in young children's apparel, known for quality and value by generations of customers.
Children are at the heart of our business, and the Carter's Inc. family is committed to making a difference in the lives of children. The funds raised for LLS, truly make a difference.
- About one-third of all childhood cancers diagnosed in the U.S. are leukemia.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) is the most common pediatric leukemia and the most common cancer in children 1-7 years old. The overall survival statistics for people with ALL are 66.4 percent (all ages) and 90.8 percent for children under 5 years old, due to incredible advancements from LLS funded research.
- Leukemia is the most common cancer in children, adolescents and young adults under the age of 20, and serious long-term and late side effects remain an unacceptable reality for too many leukemia survivors. More research is needed-and LLS is addressing this urgent need.
- Research has already led to remarkable improvements in leukemia therapies in children. 9 of 10 children under 15 years of age are expected to survive their ALL diagnosis, due to the use of aggressive multi-drug and multi-year therapies.
- Last year alone, LLS invested nearly $7.5 million in pediatric blood cancer research.
Carter's is honored to once again be a national team at the Light The Night Walk. Our employees, families and friends, are proud to join with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help find a cure for childhood cancers.