Carter's, Inc. is proud to have worked with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society for the past 15 years to help find cures for blood cancers. Since joining Rthe first Light The Night Walk, Carter's employees have raised nearly $3.1 million dollars in support of this important research.
Carter's, Inc. (CRI) is the largest branded marketer of apparel exclusively for babies and young children in the United States. The company owns Carter's Babies and Kids and OshKosh B'Gosh, two of the most highly recognized brands in the children's marketplace. A rich heritage of quality, innovation, and value has earned Carter's products the trust of generations of families.
Children are at the heart of our business, and the Carter's Inc. family is committed to making a difference in the lives of children in the communities where we live and work, both nationally and internationally. The funds raised for LLS, truly make a difference.
- About one-third of all childhood cancers diagnosed in the U.S. are leukemia.
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) is the most common pediatric leukemia and the most common cancer in children 1-7 years old. The overall survival statistics for people with ALL are 66.4 percent (all ages) and 90.8 percent for children under 5 years old, due to incredible advancements from LLS funded research.
- Leukemia still causes more deaths than any other cancer in children and teens, and serious long-term and late side effects remain an unacceptable reality for too many leukemia survivors. More research is needed-and LLS is addressing this urgent need.
- Research has already led to remarkable improvements in leukemia therapies in children. Now about 9 of 10 children under 15 years of age are expected to survive their ALL diagnosis, due to the use of aggressive multi-drug and multi-year therapies.
- Last year alone, LLS funded nearly $5 million in pediatric blood cancer research, which included investments in our Quality of Life (QOL) Research portfolio. The QOL research studies could help reduce the negative consequences of today's cancer therapies, including heart and bone damage, infertility, obesity, and cognitive impairments that too many young patients suffer.
Carter's is honored to once again be a Special Friend of LLS. Our employees are looking forward to participating in Atlanta's walk event and raising awareness and monies for this monumentally important cause. Carter's employees, families and friends, are proud to join with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help find a cure for childhood cancers.