- Why Walk
- Honorary Chair
- Inspirational Stories
- Bright Lights Top Fundraising Club
- National Sponsors / Partners
- Celebrity Supporters
- Press Room
- Social Media Toolkit
- Create or Join a Team
- Walk as an Individual
- Volunteer Your Time
- Executive Challenge
- Paper Pinup Partner
- Shop Burlington
- My LLS App
Team Captain Corner
Team Captain Corner
Team captains make an impact!
The team captain not only has the opportunity to inspire and motivate team members but he/she also can be sure that everyone knows the kind of impact they as a team can have in saving the lives of blood cancer patients.
Thanks to events like Light The Night Walk advancements such as targeted therapies that zero in on cancer cells and kill them and immunotherapy drugs that use a person's own immune system to kill cancer have been saving the lives of thousands of blood cancer patients.
It's easy to become a team captain
You can partner with our LLS staff to develop a customized plan that meets the needs of you and your team. We encourage teams to have multiple team captains to expand your impact even further! Walker registration and fundraising can all be handled online. When you register, you will have access to great fundraising tips, ideas, and samples, and be able to create a team e-fundraising page.Team captain responsibilities/benefits include:
- Organizing your team for success. This may include setting goals, recruiting co-captains and enlisting senior level support at your company. The LLS staff will partner with you every step of the way.
- Recruiting co-workers, friends & family members to join the team and raise funds. LLS will provide you with materials and information to assist you with recruitment and developing a customized fundraising plan.
- Having a direct connection to how much money is raised for research.
- Building and maintaining momentum, team enthusiasm up to and during the Walk.
- Collecting money and ensuring it gets to your chapter representatives. Be sure to check out our LLS Mobile Fundraising App to receive funds on the go, electronically and securely.
- Celebrating your team's success at the Walk and thanking your tremendous supporters after the event.
As team captain you will truly have a role in bringing us all closer to a world without blood cancers.