Welcome to the Tri-State/Southern Ohio Chapter's
Light The Night Walk
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in a 2012 Light The Night Walk! With your amazing fundraising efforts, our Chapter has raised a total of $640,000!
Thank you for making a difference in the lives of blood cancer patients!
Register for a 2013 Walk! To register, click the "Register To Walk" link at the top of the page.
2013 Walk Dates:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk is our annual fundraising walk event, that takes place in over 200 cities across the country. The Light The Night Walk celebrates and commemorates lives touched by blood cancers. Form a team and raise funds to make a difference and help patients with cancer live better, longer lives. All walks are leisurely paced and approximately 2 miles. We walk rain or shine. The Walks are all stroller and wheelchair friendly, however, no bikes please. Registration opens at 5:30 p.m., and the Walk Program begins at 7:00 p.m. Please arrive well before 7:00 to check in, meet up with your team, eat, and enjoy the evening!
Pre-Walk line-up includes food, refreshments, entertainment, and a kids area. All Walks will host a Remembrance Ceremony prior to the start of the stage program for those teams walking in memory of someone. The Ceremony will begin at approximately 6:30. For more information, or to have your loved one's picture displayed in the Reflection Of Life Tent, please email Jackie Personett at email@example.com.
All registered walkers who raise $100 will become Champions For Cures, and receive their commerative T-Shirt, and illuminated balloon.
To turn in funds that you have collected for your Light The Night Walk Team, please mail checks to the following:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attention: Light The Night
4370 Glendale Milford Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45242
*Please note on your checks which team the donation is for and if there is someone specific the fund should be credited to.
The Cincinnati and Dayton Walks will be holding Bank Days. Bank Day is a great time to turn in your funds, and receive your t-shirt, and balloon coupon, before the Walk. No waiting in line on walk night!
Cincinnati Bank Day-October 8th 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the LLS office (address above).
Dayton Bank Day- September 30th 11 p.m. to 1 p.m. Esler & Vanderschaaff Offices. 2912 Springboro West, Moraine 45439
To view our 2013 National Light The Night Video, click here.
Someday IS Today. To watch The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's new, 60 second PSA, click here.
Connect with the Tri-State Chapter!
Fall Fundraising Ideas:
1) Host a cornhole tournament. Teams pay a flat fee to enter, and the winner can split the pot or donate all to LLS!
2) Have a Penny War/Change Challenge at your office. Collect large plastic containers and put them on each floor/department of your office.
3) Have a Chili Cook-Off! Make it a party! Have friends bring chili to share. Pay $5 or $10 to vote for your favorite.
4) Recruit a local balloon partner to sell our Light The Night paper balloon at the cash register for $1 to customers. LLS provides all of the materials needed! Balloon partners can run a balloon campaign at any time of the year!
5) Sell bottled water at your child's sport practice and games. Purchase a case for less than $3, and sell every bottle for $1...lots of profit! We can give you stickers to customize the bottles!
*For more information about these ideas, and many more fundraising ideas, please contact the Light The Night Staff at (513) 698-2830.
Tiffany Hoover, Campaign Manager-Cincinnati & Mason Walk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (513) 698-2425
Karen Carter, Campaign Manager-Dayton, at email@example.com or (937) 643-3007