Queens Welcome Banner Advertisment
What: Light The Night is a nationwide evening community event to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by cancer. Participants carry illuminated lanterns – white for patients and survivors, red for supporters and gold in memory of loved ones lost. In 2016, the Light The Night campaign raised more than $67 million to support blood cancer research and patient services.
Why: To raise money in support of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) to find a cure for bloods cancers, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
- LLS funds hundreds of researchers worldwide. Last year, more than $31 million was donated to research projects in New York City alone.
- More than 1.1 million people are living with or in remission from a blood cancer.
- Every 9 minutes, someone loses their battle with a blood cancer.
- Leukemia is the leading cause of cancer death of children under the age of 20.
The Welcome Banner is a co-branded sign at the entrance of the Light The Night site showcasing your brand and welcoming thousands of participants on event day. Additionally, your company logo will be included on the main Jumbotron at the event site. By sponsoring this year’s event you are supporting the fight against blood cancers while also promoting your company brand. Everyone’s a winner:
- 86% of Americans are more likely to switch from one brand to another if associated with a cause.
- Receive exposure at the event, and the opportunity to support LLS and a tax deduction.
- LLS wins because more money is raised for research and patient services.
- The patients win because the money raised helps fund research to saves more lives.
When and where: Saturday, October 14th, 2017 – Astoria Park, Queens
Questions? Please contact our walk lead, Kelly Smith at email@example.com or (212)376-4767
Deadline: The deadline for Welcome Banner Ads is September 20th, 2017