The Light The Night Executive Challenge is a national fundraising competition among participating corporate executives on Long Island to raise funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. On Long Island, the competition takes place September 1st—October 31st.
In 2016, 17 Long Island Executive Challengers raised more than $129,000!
Joining the Challenge is simple— follow these proven steps to success:
- Set a minimum fundraising goal of $5K and launch your effort by making a personal contribution.
- Nominate a colleague/associate to join the Challenge. Trust us—it makes it even more fun!
- Reach out to your network for support. This can include your clients, customers, vendors and personal contacts.
National recognition includes:
- Challenge participants individually raising $5,000 or more will be listed in a national ad in Forbes Magazine to run in February 2018. The top executive per region will be included in the ad with a photo.
- The top executive per region will also be included on our 2017 national Light The Night website.
- Challengers who individually raise $5,000 or more will be included in the “Executive Challenge Class of 2017” and have an LLS research grant named in your honor.
Local recognition includes:
- Networking opportunities
- Recognition at Light The Night Kick Off, Corporate Recruitment Event and Appreciation Dinner
- Inclusion in press releases sent to local media outlets
- Top 3 Challengers will receive two tickets to the Man & Woman of the Year Grand Finale Gala
- Top LI Executive Fundraiser to receive the Executive Challenge Traveling Trophy for one year
This year our goal is to have 30 Long Island Executive Challengers raise $250,000!
Meet our 2017 Executive Challengers!
- Sima Ali
- Labor & Employment Attorney, Ali Law Group
- Andrew Breimann
- JJ Burns, CFP
- CEO/President, J.J. Burns & Company, LLC
- Cathy dePasquale
- Senior Vice President, Flushing Bank
- Anthony DiMartino
- Owner, Paragon Hair Salon
- Lennard Gettz
- Director of Special Projects, Linchitz Medical Wellness
- Melissa Gonzalez
- Senior Tax Manager, Mazars USA LLP
- Jan Gunther
- Vice President, Lantern Wealth Advisors LLC
- Jonathan Heimowitz
- Advisor, Lantern Wealth Advisors LLC
- Rick Hoagland
- Regional Vice President, Geico
- Ron Kahane
- Michael Kessler
- Accountant, Michael J. Kessler, CPA
- Sara Lipsky
- Executive Director, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, LI Chapter
- Maria T. Maloney, Esq.
- Executive Vice President, Aria Employee Benefit Services, Inc.
- Diane McIlree
- Debra Milano
- Director of Marketing, Perfumania
- Michael F. Monahan, CPA
- Office Managing Partner, Cohn Reznick
- Tania Morris
- National Account Executive, Macaroni Kid
- Vinny Oddo
- Director of Operations, Perfumania
- George Retaleato
- Director of IT, Mullooly, Jeffrey, Rooney & Flynn LLP
- Liam Rosenberg
- Co-Founder, Verratti Homes
- Joseph Tomaino
- Principal, Grassi & Co. CPA's
- Anthony Tomaro
- Audit Parnter, Grassi & Co.
- Irene Villacci
- Attorney, Irene V. Villacci, Esq. PC.