- Durham Walk - Saturday, Oct. 5 (click here for 2013 details)
- Raleigh Walk - Saturday, Oct. 12 (click here for 2013 details)
- Triad Walk - Saturday, Oct. 19 (click here for 2013 details)
- Charlotte Walk - Saturday, November 2 (click here for 2013 details)
2013 Walk Night Pictures
Click on this link: http://nclightthenightwalks.shutterfly.com/ (or copy and paste it into your browser) to view Walk Night pictures for the 2013 Charlotte, Durham, and Raleigh Walks.
Turn in your funds BEFORE the Walk and pick-up your t-shirt and Champions For Cures wristbands early (if applicable).
- Are you part of a Top Fundraising Team (raising $2,500 or more)? You can schedule a special "Bank Day Pick-Up" where our Light The Night staff will come to YOU to pick-up final donations and deliver the T-shirts and wristbands for your team. Contact your Light The Night staff person to schedule this pick-up.
- Durham Bank Day:
Tuesday, October 1st at 2 - 7 p.m.
Tyler's Restaurant & Taproom
324 Blackwell Street, Durham (American Tobacco Campus)
- Raleigh Bank Day:
Tuesday, October 8th at 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
401 Harrison Oaks Blvd. Suite 200, Cary, NC 27513
- Triad Bank Day:
Thursday, October 10th, by appointment only
Drop-Off times can be made by Appointment by contacting Kristi McCord at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlotte Bank Day:
Tuesday, October 29th at 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
4530 Park Road, Suite 240, Charlotte, NC 28209
The Remembrance Ceremony is a time for Walkers to remember loved ones lost to cancer and pay tribute to their lives and the legacy they've left with those they loved most. Walkers are encouraged to join us in the Remembrance Tent or the Event Stage 30 minutes prior to the Walk Program to take part in this special ceremony. Walkers can pick-up their gold balloon from the balloon tent. A gold balloon represents one person who has been lost to cancer. Teams Walking in memory of a loved one should select one Walker to carry the gold balloon to represent their loved one.
All Light The Night Walks are held RAIN or SHINE. However, in the case of extreme or unsafe conditions, this Website will be updated by 3:00 p.m. on Walkdate with any cancellation information. All Walkers will also receive an email notification of cancellation, and all Team Captains will be called by LLS staff.
* Strollers, wheelchairs and wagons are welcome!
* No pets are allowed (sorry, this is due to liability).
* No in-line skates, bicycles, skooters or skateboards are allowed.
* Walkers may not pass the lead police car during the Walk (Walkers are encouraged to participate
at a leisurely pace).
* Food will NOT be available for purchase at the Walk. Dinner is provided as a complimentary incentive to those Walkers who raise $100 or more (Champions For Cures). Other Walkers are welcome to enjoy the general refreshments and water available at the Walk, and are also welcome to bring their own food and refreshments.
Delete Blood Cancer - Join the National Bone Marrow Registry
LLS will be partnering with Delete Blood Cancer at some of the Light The Night Walks across the state to register Walkers as potential bone marrow donors. Registration only takes minutes and consist of just a form and a cheek swab! For more info on registering as a lifesaving donor and how you can fight blood cancer, please visit:
Questions or Concerns?
Please call your local Light The Night staff person, or NC Light The Night Walk Campaign Director, Emily Roland,
at (919) 367-4071 or email email@example.com.