The 2018 Kansas City Light The Night takes place on Saturday, September 15 at Cleveland University-Kansas City. Registration, all tents and all pre-walk food/entertainment will open at 6 p.m. The pre-walk program will begin at 7:45 p.m.,followed by a one-mile walk, post-walk concert and fireworks. Please read more below for event features and details.
Walk Site Maps
REMEMBRANCE & HOPE PAVILION
Don't forget to bring photos and/or notes to place in our Remembrance & Hope Pavilion. Recognizable on walk night as a large gold dome, the Remembrance & Hope Pavilion is a place for you to honor both loved ones who are currently battling cancer and those lost to cancer. It will be open through the entirety of the event.
HCA MIDWEST SARAH CANNON CANCER CENTER SURVIVORS TENT
Calling all cancer survivors!! Please join us in a tent that’s reserved just for you. Enjoy face painting for pediatric patients. We’ll have healthy treats and a Wellness Educator on hand to answer questions about healthy living. Don’t miss the Exercise Challenge for great raffle prizes.
PHARMACYCLICS JANSSEN CIRCLE OF SURVIVORS & WHITE LANTERN TENT
During the pre-walk ceremony, survivors of all cancers join together in our Circle of Survivors and are surrounded by supporters for an inspirational and emotional moment that kicks off our walk. Prior to the pre-walk ceremony, all survivors can pick up their white lanterns and survivor t-shirts at the Pharmacyclics Janssen Tent in our Survivor Village, nationally presented by Pharmacyclics & Janssen.
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS CANCER CENTER & CHILDREN’S MERCY CHAMPION FOR CURES TENT
All walkers who have raised $100+ will receive a Champion for Cures Wristband to gain access to our special food tent serving full-size portions from these generous food vendors - A&W & Rosati’s.
CBIZ YOUNG PROFESSIONALS TENT
Exclusive to Young Professionals age 21-40, guests will enjoy spaghetti or mac and cheese with a salad and baguette from Noodles World Kitchen and beer and wine, as well as yard games, a mechanical bull and photo booth. To RSVP, email email@example.com.
Private tent by invite-only for walk sponsors, Executive Leadership Committee and LLS Board of Trustees.
WADDELL & REED LIGHT THE LATE NIGHT CONCERT
The party doesn’t stop with a walk. Funk Syndicate will perform today’s most popular hits for walkers post-walk. All walkers are invited to indulge in a late-night snack: popcorn from Cinetopia.
EXCITING FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT
- Camper Cam Walker Photos sponsored by Kansas City Mavericks/Long John Silvers/A&W Restaurants.
- Family Zone sponsored by Austin Hardware, featuring bounce houses, Glam Station, face-painting and touch-a-truck.
- Halfway Point – grab a water sponsored by Cleveland University-Kansas City!
- Healthy Zone, featuring fruit from Liberty Fruit and milk from Hiland Dairy.
- Luminary Lane - come create your own luminary.
- Team Tailgate Area - sponsored by AbbVie
- Team Photo Booth
- Free Sample Food Vendors: Liberty Fruit and A&W
- Food for Sale: Nothing Bundt Cakes, Pretzel Boys and Cowtown Mini Donuts
- Water provided by Coca-Cola.
- Lantern Tent sponsored by Swing Fore the Cure.