The 2017 Kansas City Light The Night takes place on Saturday, September 30 at Cleveland University-Kansas City. Registration, all tents and all pre-walk food/entertainment will open at 6 p.m. The pre-walk program will begin at 7:45 p.m., followed by fireworks, a one-mile walk and post-walk concert. Please read more below for event features and details.
Walk Site Map
REMEMBRANCE & HOPE PAVILION
Don't forget to bring photos and/or notes to place in our Remembrance & Hope Pavilion. Recognizable on walk night as a large gold dome, the Remembrance & Hope Pavilion is a place for you to honor both loved ones who are currently battling cancer and those lost to cancer. It will be open through the entirety of the event.
HCA MIDWEST SARAH CANNON CANCER CENTER SURVIVORS TENT
Calling all cancer survivors!! Please join us in a tent that’s reserved just for you. Enjoy face painting for pediatric patients and chair massages for the adults. We’ll have healthy treats and a Wellness Educator on hand to answer questions about healthy living. Don’t miss the Exercise Challenge for great raffle prizes.
UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS CANCER CENTER & CHILDREN’S MERCY CHAMPION FOR CURES TENT
All walkers who have raised $100+ will receive a Champion for Cures Wristband to gain access to our special food tent serving full size portions from these generous food vendors - A&W, Olive Garden & Rosati’s.
CBIZ YOUNG PROFESSIONALS TENT
Exclusive to Young Professionals age 21-40, guests will enjoy a build your own mac & cheese bar, mimosa bar and beer, as well as yard games, a mechanical bull and photo booth. To RSVP, email Amy.Michale@lls.org.
BAR METHOD LEADERSHIP TENT
Private tent by invite-only for walk sponsors, committee and LLS Board of Trustees.
WADDELL & REED LIGHT THE LATE NIGHT CONCERT
The party doesn’t stop with a walk. Saucy Jack will perform today’s most popular hits for walkers post-walk. All walkers are invited to indulge in a late-night snack donated by Insomnia Cookies & Hiland Dairy.
EXCITING FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT
- Camper Cam Walker Photos sponsored by Kansas City Mavericks/Long John Silvers/A&W Restaurants.
- Family Zone sponsored by Austin Hardware, featuring bounce houses, Glam Station, face-painting, touch a truck and crafts.
- Halfway Point sponsored by Teva – grab a water!
- Healthy Zone sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City, featuring healthy treats.
- Luminary Lane sponsored by JE Dunn Construction, come create your own luminary.
- Team Photo Booth sponsored by Intouch Solutions.
- Free Sample Food Vendors: Liberty Fruit, A&W, Freddy’s Steakburgers & Custard, Funnel Cake Truck, Starbucks and more.
- Water provided by Coca-Cola.
- Lantern Tent sponsored by Swing Fore the Cure.
- Sustainability Sponsor, Humana – Don’t forget to recycle!
NIGHT OF TEXT-TO-DONATE RAFFLE
For every $5 donation made by texting CUREKANSASCITY to 91999 on Walk Night, you’ll be entered in a chance to win great prizes including Two Club Level Chiefs Tickets to the November 26th game vs. Buffalo Bills and an Alex Smith autographed football.